Tuesday, February 14, 2012

3D Printer Creates Elderly Woman's New Jaw Bone

The woman is 83 years old and needed a new jaw. She could not eat or talk very much any more because her lower jaw was slowly dissolving. What interested me was the fact that we can now simply print out body parts. Can you imagine the possibilities? Oh you need a new finger? Let me print one out for ya! Personally, I’ve heard of 3D printers before but it never occurred to me to use them like this in the medical field.  Here's the story:

Work Cited:InovationNewsDaily. "3D Printer Creates Elderly Woman's New Jawbone : Discovery News." Discovery News: Earth, Space, Tech, Animals, History, Adventure, Human, Autos. N.p., 12 Feb. 2012. Web. 14 Feb. 2012. <http://news.discovery.com/tech/printed-jawbone-120207.html>.
http://news.discovery.com/tech/printed-jawbone-120207.html

8 comments:

  1. That's crazy! To think that people can print out body parts is interesting. It's kind of scary to think about but definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3D printers are so awesome. They're the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if they could print out a new spine for me, I play alot of video games while hunched over so I think in time I'll neeed a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats cool and its awesome it worked out for that lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's tight. Now you can just print off parts for your body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is runned by technology these days, my great grandpa didn't even know what a CD was haha.

    ReplyDelete