Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When the Pope died


I actually only remember watching news for like a week up until they finally said he died. I remember watching the people on the news crying, not only the people surrounding the square but even the reporter talking. My mom was crying and when we went to church allot of the old people were crying.

He died on April 2nd 2005. He was 84. Cardinal Giovanni Battista anounced the Pope had "Returned" to his fathers house. As is costum in Italy people started clapping in solute to the Pope. Joaquin Navarro-Valls notified Journalist the Pope died at 9.37 p.m. via email. Hundreds prayed outside his window.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you posted this event because it is one that I did not remember and was not very aware of this occurence. You mentioning it in this blog allowed me to learn a little more about the Pope.

    ReplyDelete