Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I remember...

I remember September 11th 2001. I was in school, Oak Grove Elementary School, and was picked up after being there only for a little while. My step mom had picked me, crying. I hadn't completely understood what was happening just that something was terribly wrong. I get home and see my older step brother, Drew McMurtry, step sister Dani McMurtry and my brother Jacob Almberg. My dad wasn't aloud to come home from work apparently, or else he would have been home too.
I was watching the news and I saw the first building damaged, and as I was sitting crisscross applesauce on the floor in front of my television watching to see if anything was going to happen. I see people jumping, people screaming, and smoke. Out of the clouds of smoke I see a second plane. As I waited for the plane to hit the second building I felt my heart drop, and tears run down my cheek.

Watching the towers fall to the ground, realizing more of what had happened. I was in shock! How could something like this happen to America? America was seen as a shield from places outside America, I was only a kid, so I had no idea what was really going on in the world.

Understanding now what really happened, saddens me. It saddens me to know how many people died, that people would actually crash planes into buildings, and all the theorys people are coming up with about 9/11 saying it wasn't really terroists. Does it matter? People were killed. Innocent people, were killed.

Four planes were hijacked by Al-Qaeda terroists. Two were meant to go into the World Trade Centers, one into the White House or the Capitol and one that was supposed to go into the San Fransico International Airport (Flight 93).

This tradgic event has ended and effected millions of peoples lives. People will always remember seeing the twin towers fall if they saw it. Or atleast I know I will. Remember the lost, help the injured and hope the best for the ones who lost someone on that awful day.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the information you gave and how you decribed criss cross apple sauce. This was a really sad day :( september 11th will always be remembered.

    ReplyDelete