Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Memory of the First World Event


The first major event that I remember is September 11th, 2001. That day I was at school, I have very faint memories of this; All the adults where talking about it and I did not know what was going on. When I got home I was a little bummed because "Arthur" was not on. All that was on TV was the news. I was only 8 years old and my English was not too good so I really did not understand, plus I had the mind of a child. As time passed people kept talking about this event and then I understood what had happened. I think I was a little scared and very sad because of what had happened.
What happened that day was that there was several suicide attack by al-Qaeda, they where on planes and crashed into the twin towers. They also took over airline passenger planes and crashed those into the towers/pentagon as well. Everyone on the planes died and within 2 hours the Twin Towers had been destroyed. There was a total of 3,000 victims. After this event I remember security becoming more strict at airports and much resentment and hate towards the Afghan people. This event lingered over the years but now it is just a memory. It seems to me that people have forgotten and do not pay as much respect as they should for those who where lost on that day. This past September 11th I did not notice anything really it was just like an ordinary day and that is not the way it should be.

1 comment:

  1. this sucks...:] jk!
    its interesting to see how someone the same age remembers the same event, but its different.

    ReplyDelete