Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I remember...


The first major world even i remember was September 11th, 2001.
I was in third grade, in Mr. Epstiens class at Sunrise elementary. It was a terrible thing even in a third graders perspective and even more tragic as i grew older and remembered it each year. The clearest memory i have is waking up early because i could hear my dad shouting information to my mom while she was doing her make up in the bathroom. My dad was getting ready for work, with his bandanna on his head and sitting on the living room coffee table with his hands on his head in disbelief. At first he thought it was an accident and then he watched the second plane crashed and just couldn't believe it, and yelled at my mom "Another plane just crashed into the other one!" From my understanding 2 plans purposely crashed into 2 of the largest buildings i had ever seen.
Now that im older and have facts about September 11th it is interesting to look back at what i can remember about it and what actually happened. That morning was actually planned suicide attacks agianst the US and 2 planes were hi-jacked. Killing ALL passangers on board, and many others who worked in the buildings. I can't even imagine how the people and families of New York felt that day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Everyone had different memories of this. I can imagine miniture Ali being scared. This event was truely sad.

    ReplyDelete